Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)formerly known as Resident Evil: Nemesis
About the film . . .
- Second of 6 Resident Evil films. Prequel: Resident Evil (2002); Sequels: Resident Evil: Extinction (2007), Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010), Resident Evil: Retribution (2012), Resident Evil 6 (2014)
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse is available on Blu-ray DVD (Amazon)
- A Resident Evil / Resident Evil: Apocalypse Resurrection Edition (Double Feature Collector's Edition) DVD was released on September 4, 2007 (Amazon)
- A special edition DVD of Resident Evil: Apocalypse was released on December 28, 2004 (Amazon or Amazon UK). A double-pack release containing the special edition DVDs of both Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse was also released the same day (Amazon or Amazon UK).
More from DVDAnswers.com: "As well as a nice 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen presentation and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, the disc will include an audio commentary with director Alexander Witt and producer Jeremy Bolt, a cast commentary with Milla Jovovich, Oded Fehr and Sienna Guillory, another commentary with writer Paul W.S. Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt as well as twenty deleted scenes. Completing the package will be the cast outtakes, Mike Epps Bonus Outtakes, a Game Over: The Making Of "RE2" featurette, a Corporate Malfeasance featurette on the real world similarities to the Umbrella Corp, a Game Babes featurette on the emergence of female action stars on film, another featurette entitled Symphony Of Evil on the special effects in the film, and a poster gallery. Available from the same day for $39.95, will be a double-pack release containing the special edition DVDs of both films."
- The trailer for Resident Evil: Apocalypse can be seen at Yahoo! Movies
- FilmForce has a cool behind the scenes video from the set
- Ain't It Cool News has a great interview with Milla
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse section from Yahoo! Movies (video clips, showtimes, and more)
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse was released on September 10th, 2004 and was the #1 film in the US for the weekend, with first three days revenues of $23.7 million (Article here).
- Milla has hinted at doing a third Resident Evil movie . . .
- The soundtrack to Resident Evil: Apocalypse was released August 24th, 2004 (available at Amazon or Amazon UK)
- Plot summary: Picks up where the first film (Resident Evil) ended.
General Cain has ordered The Hive to be reopened, and in doing so contaminates all of Raccoon City, a city of the dead,
with Alice (Milla) stuck in the middle. Now, along with other surviors, Alice and Jill Valentine (Sienna Guillory) must
fight to survive and escape the nightmare. But there is a new threat: Matt Addison (Eric Mabius) has fully mutated into a
seemingly unstoppable creature, codenamed Nemesis, who will stop at nothing until everything around it is dead.
- The Resident Evil movies are based on the popular videogame series about a huge mansion infested with strange zombies and monsters. There's also a series of books based upon the game, starting with The Umbrella Conspiracy.
- Official Sites: InsideResidentEvil.com & RE2.com
- Resident Evil Sitez - Your Guide to the Best RE Sites
- Resident Evil Militia
- How It Ends - the premier source for Resident Evil movies
- Article with several pictures and a video clip from the set from MTV.com
- Filmjerk.com has posted a review of the script for Resident Evil: Apocalypse
- Resident Evil Database - Brazilian Resident Evil site
- The song at the end of the Resident Evil: Apocalypse trailer is "Not Listening" by Papa Roach (from the album Getting Away With Murder) (not on the Resident Evil: Apocalypse soundtrack)
[ For complete credits, check out the Internet Movie Database listing for Resident Evil: Apocalypse ]
Directed by Alexander Witt
Written by Paul S. Anderson
Milla Jovovich .... Alice
Sienna Guillory .... Jill Valentine
Eric Mabius .... Nemesis/Matt Addison
Plot summary: Picks up where the first film (Resident Evil) ended. General Cain has ordered The Hive to be reopened, and in doing so contaminates all of Raccoon City, a city of the dead, with Alice (Milla) stuck in the middle. Now, along with other surviors, Alice and Jill Valentine (Sienna Guillory) must fight to survive and escape the nightmare. But there is a new threat: Matt Addison (Eric Mabius) has fully mutated into a seemingly unstoppable creature, codenamed Nemesis, who will stop at nothing until everything around it is dead.
Release date: September 10, 2004 (US)
Screen caps (more at MillaFan.com)
- Video clip (9MB) of Milla promoting Resident Evil: Apocalypse in Japan ( voiceover is in Ukrainian, but you can still hear Milla speaking English in the background)
- Video clip of interview (WMV, 11MB) from Taff magazine on ProSieben-Television (September 23, 2004)
- Short interview and video clip from Scottish TV
Posters [buy from AllPosters.com]
From MTV.com article
|Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)